For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 ("Act"), the data controller is AVENTIS PHARMA LIMITED trading as Sanofi of 1 Onslow Street, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 4YS.
1. Personal data collected by Sanofi
When you visit this Sanofi website, Sanofi may collect the following data about you:
Personal data you provide to Sanofi– You may give Sanofi information by filling in forms on the Site or by corresponding with Sanofi by phone, email or otherwise. This includes, for example, information you provide when you register to use any of the features of the Site, subscribe to any of Sanofi’s services, or report adverse events. This information may include, for example, your name, address, e-mail address, and phone number.
Personal data Sanofi collects about you– When you visit the Site, Sanofi may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including Internet Protocol ("IP") address, your log-in information, browser type and version, plug-ins, time zone setting, and operating system; and
- information about your visit, including the pages you access before, during and after your visit to the Site (including dates and time), your activities on the Site, page response times, length of visit to certain pages, and page interaction information.
2. Cookies policy
2.1 Cookies – what are they?
A "cookie" is a small text file that’s stored on your computer, tablet or phone when you visit a website. A cookie will contain some anonymous information such as a unique identifier and the site name and some digits and numbers.
Some cookies are deleted when you close down your browser. These are known as session cookies. Others remain on your device until they expire or you delete them from your cache. These are called persistent cookies and they enable us to remember things about you as a returning visitor.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
2.2 What to do if you don’t want cookies to be set
Some people find the idea of a website storing information on their computer or mobile device intrusive, particularly when this information is stored and used by a third party without them knowing. For example, you may not want to see advertising that has been targeted to your interests. If you prefer, it is possible to block cookies, by changing a setting within your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies, or to delete cookies that have already been set. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of the Site.
On this Site, session and persistent cookies are used. The cookies on this Site are used to track visitor behaviour, and this data is used to try and understand what people do and don't like about the Site so it can be improved. This practice is known as “website analytics”. Since Google started providing its own analytics technology free of charge to website owners, almost all websites use some form of it - although there are also paid for services available to rival Google's.
Analytics cookies are probably the most common form of cookies in use today.
2.4 Cookies we use
These cookies help to improve the performance of the Site, providing a better user experience.
|Google Analytics||__utma||These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use the Site and highlight issues that may arise from people browsing the Site. These cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the Site, where visitors have come to the Site from and the pages they visited. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting the Site.|
|SC_ANALYTICS_||These cookies are used to track what a visitor does whilst on the website. Expires once the visitor exits the website.|
|HCPInterstitial||This cookie is used to remember a visitor's choice when asked if they are a patient or a healthcare professional. This cookie will last for one session only.|
3. How Sanofi uses this information
Sanofi uses information held about you in the following ways:
Information you provide to Sanofi – Sanofi may use this information to:
- Forward your requests to the relevant team within Sanofi;
- Notify you about changes to Sanofi’s services; and
- Provide access to Sanofi’s applications and services.
Information Sanofi collects about you – Sanofi may use this information to:
- Customise, measure and improve the content and layout of Sanofi’s websites and applications;
- Administer Sanofi’s websites and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes; and
- Help keep Sanofi’s websites safe and secure. This may include, for example using, an IP address in order to identify a user when Sanofi feels that it is necessary in order to protect Sanofi’s services, a Sanofi website, other users, or to enforce compliance with the Sanofi websites’ terms and conditions of use.
4. How Sanofi shares your personal data
Sanofi will not sell or rent your personal data to any third parties.
Sanofi may share your personal data with any member of the Sanofi Group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
Sanofi may combine your personal data with information Sanofi collects from its partners and use it to improve and personalise Sanofi applications, systems or services.
Sanofi will not disclose your personal data to anyone, except with your express permission or in certain special circumstances. For example, these special circumstances may include the following:
- If Sanofi is under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, regulatory or safety audit by the relevant authorities;
5. Where Sanofi stores your personal data
6. Your rights and access to information
While most of the personal data Sanofi collect and process about you will be directly visible to yourself, you have the right to access personal data Sanofi holds about you, and to amend or delete inaccuracies in such data, except in cases where Sanofi is obliged to keep your personal data for legal purposes. If you wish to access, amend or delete your personal data, please submit your request to the contact details below.
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of Sanofi partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that Sanofi does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
8. Contact Sanofi